Flight Deck for Whisk(e)y Tasting
Take Your Tastings to New Heights
If you enjoy exploring the wide world of whisk(e)y, Flight Decks are for you. Use them to chart your whisk(e)y tasting experiences, labeling each dram and noting specs like age, ABV, mash bill, etc. before you embark. Then, place a glass* containing that liquid directly on the deck. As you taste, you'll have the specs at arm's length while you sample each expression.
- Train Your Palate
- Compare and Contrast
- Great for Virtual Tastings
- Remember Favorites
- Avoid Future Mistakes
- Replaces 3 Coasters
Flight Decks are a great way to organize tasting events for professionals and novices alike, and last as scrapbook-worthy souvenirs. There are 20 cards in each deck, enough for 60 glasses of whisk(e)y. Cards measure 10½ x 4 inches (25 x 10 cm) and are printed on an extremely heavy and absorbent, 100% recycled coaster stock.
Choose Your Own Adventure
Flight Decks let you create your own tasting themes. Compare different regions, production techniques, aging conditions, ingredients or any other comparison you can dream up: the sky’s the limit. Here are a few I've enjoyed recently:
Kentucky vs. Everyone: One Kentucky Bourbon whiskey and two from other US states.
- Irish Whiskeys that Aren't Jameson: Nothing against Jameson (it's delicious); give Redbreast 12, Teeling and Green Spot a try.
- Scottish Islands that Aren't Islay: Highland Park 12 (Orkney Island), Jura 10 (Isle of Jura), and Talisker 10 (Isle of Skye).
- Lagavulin Vertical: Three whiskies from the same ;distillery with different age statements - Lag 8, 11 (Offerman Edition) and 16.
- Japanese Blends: Hibiki Harmony, Mars Iwai, Suntory Toki
Flight Decks work great on any solid surface, but for a truly elevated experience, add a Flight Board to your order. Flight Boards enhance both portability and presentation. I offer three options, handmade by yours truly. Choose from hand-rubbed, orchard-salvage Oregon Black Walnut, reclaimed Douglas Fir or upcycled boards made from used bourbon and/or wine barrels. Boards measure 12" x 4 ½" x ⅝" (30.5 x 11.5 x 1.5 cm) and have a handy clip to attach your Flight Deck that doubles as a bottle opener.
Please note that Flight Boards cannot be shipped to Australia or New Zealand due to import restrictions on wood products.
Fresh-Pressed in Portland
Flight Decks are printed by hand, with love, on 100-year-old, gluten-powered letterpress equipment using mostly soy-based inks and 100% recycled paper.
* Whisk(e)y glasses sold separately.